No matter what you see on the news, it’s unlikely that civilization is going to collapse within the next week or so. That said, it can never hurt to be prepared for a situation, no matter how outlandish it may seem.
Should the unthinkable happen and we suddenly find ourselves without the support system of modern society, you’ll be very glad that you brushed up on your survival hacks. These could end up saving your life!
1. Corn chips like Doritos and Fritos have enough oil to make them suitable tinder for starting fires.
2. If you come across an area that’s burning, use a bra as a makeshift breathing mask.
3. If you need to start a fire, a 9-volt battery held to a ball of steel wool will cause sparks to fly.
4. Even in the apocalyptic wasteland, jars can be hard to open. Use a piece of duct tape for leverage.
5. Duct tape will also protect your heels from blisters on those long walks across the burnt-out husk of civilization.
6. Place sheets of plastic over grass and other plants to trap and drain condensation into a container.
7. Punch a hole in the top of an oil-packed tuna can, put in a wick, and you’ve got an improvised candle that can burn for up to two hours. Plus, the tuna will still be good to eat after!
8. Crayons can make pretty good candles, too, providing you with about 30 minutes of light.
9. A foil wrapper and the current from an AA battery can also produce a flame in a pinch.
10. Take two tin cans, some tinder, and you’ve got yourself a miniature stove!
11. You’re going to be doing a lot of walking in the post-apocalypse. Better collect a few good walking sticks.
12. A bunch of wood held together by a tarp can serve as an emergency raft.
13. Some paper towels and duct tape can set a broken bone when nothing else is available.
14. A salt water mixture is essential for cleaning cuts and soothing bug bites.
15. Use baking soda to brush your teeth. You don’t want to get a cavity in the wasteland!
16. Use floss to make a fishing line.
17. Baby oil will protect your face from frostbite during cold weather.
18. If you need a projectile weapon and can’t find a gun, a toothpick in a can of compressed air will give you the edge you need.
These tricks are actually pretty cool, and would be useful even if the world doesn’t end. You never know when you might need them!
Share these creative survival hacks with your friends below!
Source: Boredom Therapy